Thursday, 22 September 2011 13:04 Written by 
Rate this item
(0 votes)


We recommend that all travellers should read the Department of Heath guidance leaflet ‘T7.1 Health Advice for Travellers’:

To obtain up-to-date general travel information and country specific health advice, we also recommend viewing the Foreign Commission Office (FCO) website:

The role of the UK Health protection Agency (HPA) is to protect UK public health through the provision of support and advice to other health related authorities and so schools (via local authorities). The HPA often issue a ‘Position Statement’ regarding any significant current worldwide health issues in the news, to inform the UK public how their heath may be affected:

Sources of UK medical information include The National Health Service (NHS): and the National Travel Health Network and Centre (NaTHNaC) website: But we strongly advise you to consult your own general medical practitioner (GP) who will be in the best position to take into account any relevant personal health factors or any current disease epidemics in your chosen county of travel when advising you, as requirements may change frequently and rapidly

Read 1498 times Last modified on Friday, 14 October 2011 14:04