Netball in Malta
Scenic, inspiring and exceptionally safe St. Julians Bay offers the ideal opportunity for students to stimulate their passion for sports outside the UK and beyond the school grounds.
St. Julians Bay occupies an enviable location just over 3 hours fly from the UK and within a 30 minute coach ride from the International Malta airport as well as all training and fixture sites.
Staff and students can relax with full board in this central accommodation where the weather is very good for the vast majority of the year; we suggest visiting in May Half Term when the weather is warm and there is a large choice of teams to play..
Free-time is taken care of superb shopping areas and an array of entertainment venues including a bowling, karaoke, swimming, quiz nights and disco, all within walking distance of the resort. For a night out the Knights Spectacular 1565 dinner show offers a unique evening of entertainment.
Wider curriculum links: Offering superb sports facilities alongside welcoming Maltese culture and medieval architecture, in an inspiring scenic location, St. Julians Bay communicates a natural link between sports and other curriculum areas, including Languages, History, Art and Geography.
Pavilion's Netball Tours
Pavilion's well-established agents can expertly match players' ages and abilities, ensuring that all students benefit from valuable training sessions.
Our professional coaches demonstrate enviable skill and professionalism, offering 90 minute training sessions that aim to generate positive learning outcomes through challenging players' decision making skills and enhancing their performance.
Playing on indoor and outdoor courts, students can take advantage of excellent facilities and during certain times of year, playing school sides are likely.
Teachers can choose between training the students themselves and using professional coaches, if they prefer.
Students will enrich their learning and experiences further by playing both English and Maltese teams, allowing them to build confidence in their cultural understanding, communication skills and sporting abilities.
During their stay, teams can expect:
- 3 x fixtures against Maltese club sides
- 2 x 90 minute training sessions
- Possibility of playing school sides
Recognising the varied and valuable role Physical Education plays in the lives of young people, Pavilion encourages players to become responsible, reflective and successful team players.
In-line with National Curriculum Key Concepts and Processes, our programmes encourage players to:
- Improve Performance, stamina and strength
- Gain confidence in making and applying decisions
- Develop precision, control and fluency
- Integrate tactics, such as outwitting opponents into their game
- Improving the range and quality of core skills: Passing – one/two handed, chest, bounce, shoulder, overhead, underarm. Receiving – one/two handed catch stationary and on the move, signalling. Shooting – standing, moving, rebounding. Footwork – landing on one/two feet, pivoting, dodging
- Developing and refining key techniques, including: Marking, interception and blocking