Netball in London
Diverse, exciting and influential, London offers the ideal opportunity for students to ignite their passion for sports beyond the school grounds.
London occupies a bustling location within close proximity to several International airports, top stadiums and within an hour from training and fixture sites. Netball fans can appreciate the opportunity to see professional matches, subject to availability.
Staff and students can relax with full board in this central accommodation where the majority of London's attractions are within a half an hour from the resort.
Free-time is taken care of with a diverse selection of shopping areas and an array of entertainment opportunities in the city, including themed restaurants and West End shows. Near the central accommodation a wide choice of sports, top stadiums and cultural excursions are also on offer.
Wider curriculum links: Offering superb sports facilities alongside welcoming London culture, a rich history and architecture spanning from several eras, London communicates a natural link between sports and other curriculum areas, including History, Art and Geography.
Pavilion's Netball Tours
Our All England Netball Association coaches demonstrate enviable skill and professionalism, offering intense 90 minute training sessions, which aim to generate positive learning outcomes through challenging players' decision making skills and enhancing their performance.
Playing on indoor and outdoor courts, students can take advantage of these facilities and at certain times of year playing school sides and two matches against an English club are possible.
Teachers can choose to add as many training sessions as they desire.
Students will enrich their learning and experiences further allowing them to build confidence in their cultural understanding, communication skills and sporting abilities.
During their stay, teams can expect:
- 4 x 90 minute intense training sessions
- Sessions from All England Netball Association coaches
- Opportunity for extra training sessions
Recognising the varied and valuable role Physical Education plays in the lives of young people, Pavilion encourages players to become responsible, reflective and successful team players.
In-line with National Curriculum Key Concepts and Processes, our programmes encourage players to:
- Improve Performance, stamina and strength
- Gain confidence in making and applying decisions
- Develop precision, control and fluency
- Integrate tactics, such as outwitting opponents into their game
- Improving the range and quality of core skills: Passing – one/two handed, chest, bounce, shoulder, overhead, underarm. Receiving – one/two handed catch stationary and on the move, signalling. Shooting – standing, moving, rebounding. Footwork – landing on one/two feet, pivoting, dodging
- Developing and refining key techniques, including: Marking, interception and blocking