Netball in Lake Garda
Safe, inspiring and picturesque, Bussolengo offers the ideal opportunity for students to ignite their passion for sports outside the UK and beyond the school grounds.
Bussolengo occupies an enviable location close to Lake Garda, Northern Italy and within easy reach of several airports. Travelling by coach, training pitches are a 5 minutes drive and fixture sites between a 20 minute and 60 minutes.
Staff and students can relax with full board at this safe and welcoming resort where amenities are conveniently located within walking distance of the hotel.
Free-time is taken care of with superb shopping area and an array of entertainment opportunities in Bussolengo and Lake Garda. A wide choice of sports and cultural excursions are also on offer. Evening entertainment is on hand with a disco and karaoke bar at the resort and a bowling alley just five minutes drive away.
With its subtropical climate, Lake Garda is a year-round destination; we suggest visiting in May Half Term when the weather is warm and there is a large choice of teams to play. For a quieter stay, with milder weather, both October and February Half Terms are also recommended.
Wider curriculum links: Offering superb sports facilities alongside welcoming Italian culture and in an inspiring lake side location, Bussolengo and Lake Garda communicates a natural link between sports and other curriculum areas, including Languages, History, Art and Geography.
Pavilion's Netball Tours
Our All England Netball Association coaches demonstrate enviable skill and professionalism, offering intense 90 minute training sessions, which aim to generate positive learning outcomes through challenging players' decision making skills and enhancing their performance.
Playing on indoor courts, all within walking distance of the hotel or a 5 minute coach ride, students can take advantage of excellent facilities and non-playing school teams are always encouraged to actively support the playing team.
All equipment is available in resort and teachers can choose to add as many training sessions as they desire.
During their stay, teams can expect:
- 1 x tournament with all British teams
- 4 x 90 minute training sessions
- Opportunity to train with All English Netball Association coaches
Recognising the varied and valuable role Physical Education plays in the lives of young people, Pavilion encourages players to become responsible, reflective and successful team players.
In-line with National Curriculum Key Concepts and Processes, our programmes encourage players to:
- Improve Performance, stamina and strength
- Gain confidence in making and applying decisions
- Develop precision, control and fluency
- Integrate tactics, such as outwitting opponents, into their game
- Improving the range, difficulty and quality of core skills: Passing – one/two handed, chest, bounce, shoulder, overhead, underarm. Receiving – one/two handed catch stationary and on the move, signalling. Shooting – standing, moving, rebounding. Footwork – landing on one/two feet, pivoting, dodging
- Developing and refining key techniques, including: Marking, interception and blocking