Lacrosse in Holland
Relaxed, inspiring and scenic Holland offers the ideal opportunity for students to stimulate their passion for sports outside the UK and beyond the school grounds.
Valkenburg occupies an enviable location within an hour of all fixtures and training pitches and four hours from Calais. The closest international airport is Amsterdam and the regional Maastricht Aachen Airport less than a 30 minute coach ride.
Staff and students can relax with full board in this central accommodation where the majority of Holland's attractions are within easy reach by coach.
Free-time is taken care of with an array of unique leisure activities including a space centre, go-karts, adventure playgrounds, a boating lake and even a circus training school. Evening entertainment is also on hand with swimming, karaoke bar, quiz nights and a bowling alley close to the resort.
Wider curriculum links: Offering superb sports facilities alongside welcoming Holland culture and medieval architecture, in an inspiring scenic location, Valkenburg communicates a natural link between sports and other curriculum areas, including Languages, History, Art and Geography.
Pavilion's Lacrosse Tours
Pavilion's well-established agents can expertly match players' ages and abilities, ensuring that all students benefit from valuable training sessions.
Our professional coaches demonstrate enviable skill and professionalism, offering 90 minute training sessions that aim to generate positive learning outcomes through challenging players' decision making skills and enhancing their performance.
Playing on indoor and outdoor courts, students can take advantage of excellent facilities and during certain times of year, playing school sides are likely.
Teachers can choose between training the students themselves and using professional coaches, if they prefer.
Students will enrich their learning and experiences further by playing both English and Dutch teams, allowing them to build confidence in their cultural understanding, communication skills and sporting abilities.
During their stay, teams can expect:
- 2 x fixtures against Dutch Club sides
- 2 x 90 minute training sessions
- Possibility of playing school sides
Recognising the varied and valuable role Physical Education plays in the lives of young people, Pavilion encourages players to become responsible, reflective and successful team players.
In-line with National Curriculum Key Concepts and Processes, our programmes encourage players to:
- Improve Performance, stamina and strength
- Gain confidence in making and applying decisions
- Develop precision, control and fluency
- Integrate tactics, such as outwitting opponents, into their game
- Improving the range and quality of core skills and refining key techniques: Running with the ball – cradling the stick and dodging. Passing – over arm, high and low and reverse stick. Saving - Use of pads, sticks and hand for stopping the ball
- Developing and refining key techniques, including: Tackling, intercepting, marking and positioning