Cricket in Ireland
Beautiful, friendly and exciting, Dublin offers the ideal opportunity for students to stimulate their passion for sports outside the UK and beyond the school grounds.
Dublin occupies a lively, urban location within 30 minutes of the vast majority of the city's attractions and less than an hour drive from all fixtures and training sites. Football fans will appreciate the possibility of professional matches at sites including the Aviva Stadium and Croke Park.
Staff and students can choose between full board and half board in the central accommodation and will appreciate the array of amenities and leisurely activities, nearby. For a night out, the Dublin theatre offers a unique evening of entertainment.
Free-time is taken care of with a chic range of shopping and diverse entertainment opportunities in Ireland. Near the central accommodation, a wide choice of sports and cultural excursions are also on offer with some of Europe's best stadiums close by.
Wider curriculum links: Offering superb sports facilities alongside welcoming Irish culture and notable Georgian architecture, in an inspiring metropolitan location, Dublin communicates a natural link between sports and other curriculum areas, including Languages, History, Art and Geography.
Pavilion's Cricket Tours
Pavilion's well-established agents can expertly match players' ages and abilities, ensuring that all students benefit from valuable training sessions.
Our professional coaches demonstrate enviable skill and professionalism, offering 90 minute training sessions which aim to generate positive learning outcomes through challenging players' decision making skills and enhancing their performance. Additionally, an in-country representative will guide you throughout the tour.
Players can enjoy good facilities and during certain times of year play school sides are likely.
Students will enrich their learning and experiences further with the help of a local representative acting as a guide through the tour and by playing fixtures against local teams, allowing them to build confidence in their cultural understanding, communication skills and sporting abilities.
During their stay, teams can expect:
- 2 x fixtures against British club sides
- 2 x 90 minute training sessions
- Possibility of playing school sides
Recognising the varied and valuable role Physical Education plays in the lives of young people, Pavilion encourages players to become responsible, reflective and successful team players.
In-line with National Curriculum Key Concepts and Processes, our programmes encourage players to:
- Improve Performance, stamina and strength
- Gain confidence in making and applying decisions
- Develop precision, control and fluency
- Integrate tactics, such as outwitting opponents, into their game
- Improving the range, difficulty and quality of core skills: Bowling – fast bowling, spin bowling, swing bowling. Fielding – catching, throwing, long barrier, positioning. Batting - batting drop drill, pull, cut and sweep shot. Defence – back foot and forward defence
- Developing and refining key techniques, including: Batsman's stance, On Drive, Back Foot Drive