Basketball in Paris
Fascinating, stimulating and cultural, Paris offers the ideal opportunity for students to stimulate their passion for sports outside the UK and beyond the school grounds.
Paris occupies a bustling location closest to Charles de Gaulle airport, four hours from Calais and within 1 hour from training and fixture sites.
Staff and students can relax in this central accommodation with full board and will appreciate the array of amenities and leisurely activities, nearby. Depending on the time of year, basketball games at all levels are played at several courts throughout Paris.
Free-time is taken care of with a chic range of shopping and diverse entertainment opportunities in Paris. Near the central accommodation, a wide choice of sports and cultural excursions are also on offer.
Wider curriculum links: Offering superb sports facilities alongside welcoming Parisian culture and neo-classical architecture, in an inspiring metropolitan location, Paris communicates a natural link between sports and other curriculum areas, including Languages, History, Art and Geography.
Pavilion's Basketball Tours
Pavilion's well-established agents can expertly match players' ages and abilities, ensuring that all students benefit from valuable training sessions.
Our in-country coaches demonstrate enviable skill and professionalism, offering 90 minute training sessions that aim to generate positive learning outcomes through challenging players' decision making skills and enhancing their performance.
Playing on indoor courts, students can take advantage of excellent facilities and playing school sides during certain times of year.
Teachers can choose between training the students themselves and using professional coach's, if they prefer.
During their stay, teams can expect:
- 2 x fixtures against French Club sides
- 2 x 90 minute training sessions
- Possibility of playing school sides
Recognising the varied and valuable role Physical Education plays in the lives of young people, Pavilion encourages players to become responsible, reflective and successful team players.
In-line with National Curriculum Key Concepts and Processes, our programmes encourage players to:
- Improve Performance, stamina and strength
- Gain confidence in making and applying decisions
- Develop precision, control and fluency
- Integrate tactics, such as outwitting opponents, into their game
- Improving core skills, including: Dribbling – using both hands, change of pace, direction and dodging. Passing – chest, javelin, bounce, overhead. Shooting – lay ups, set shot, jump shot, free shot. Footwork – change of pace, direction and dodging
- Developing and refining key techniques, including: Marking, receiving and interception